Paragon has been specifically developed for general and orthodontic dental practices in the United Kingdom and was designed, developed and tested under the guidance and advice of practising UK dentists. Because no two practices are identical Paragon can be tailored to suit your requirements, whether your practice is purely private, NHS or a combination of care schemes.
A tremendous amount of research and development has been carried out not only to ensure all the features expected are included, but more importantly that they are totally intuitive in use. Usability is our area of excellence, we feel there is little point in providing a myriad of features if users never find them or can’t use them.
In addition to the expected product features detailed in the sections below, low cost broadband has allowed us to add interactive features directly into Paragon. With these a practice can automatically receive product updates, receive information from support, purchase SMS credits and receive support via some of the best support tools on the market.
Alternatively for a system that breaks the mould and embraces modern software concepts to deliver a highly efficient 'structured workspace' that is quite unlike other system designs, take a look at EDGE to appreciate the future of practice management solutions.
The core of any clinical system is the patient record structure, and so it is with Paragon. The patient record structure is the DNA around which the rest of the system is constructed, ensuring a refined, cohesive feel to the system.
In addition to allowing the maintenance of basic patient details, a patient's record provides easy links to all patient specific information, such as treatment plans; clinical and periodontal chartin;, appointments, correspondence; digital images; medical history and much more.
While patient records may seem like a mundane part of a system, getting it just right makes the difference between an unintrusive solution and one that constantly irritates. Not an easy design task but we believe we have achieved our goal.
Please take the time to read the other sections, you will find we have taken similar care throughout the system.
The basic principal behind Practice Pathways is a comprehensive assessment and treatment facility that goes beyond mere data recording. It can be configured to produce patient care plans, as well as offering suggestions and advice to both the clinician and the patient. It provides easy recording and subsequent access to a comprehensive range of assessment tools including:
• Hard Tissue Charting
• Periodontal Charting
• Head and Neck Charting
• Soft Tissue Charting
• Articulation Recording
• Recording of Patient Medical and Social History Information.
Practice Pathways use the information you have recorded to produce a RAG score (Red/Amber/Green) that can be used as an easy method of tracking a patient’s oral health over a period of time. What is more, it is a concept that patients can readily understand and offers them an easily grasped personal target for improved oral health.
At the heart of your reception are your appointment books. We have developed two entirely different electronic books, which enables us to accommodate all practices.
Whether you use our grid style or the calendar book you will have access to the following features:
• Colour coded appointments
• View a single book or multiple books simultaneously
• Easy visual gap location, plus a very advanced appointment gap finder
• Easily seen cancellations
• Add grouped family appointments easily
• Quickly copy or move appointments
• Print appointment slips and day lists
• Links to our MobileReminders automatic appointment reminder SMS system
• Structure working practice templates, easily structure your hours for a specific treatment pattern
• Build sophisticated staff working hours rotas and practice operating hours, including breaks
• Works in conjunction with our 'Patients in Practice' feature, making processing and tracking a patient through your practice is very simple
• Quick access to all patient history, treatment plans, charts, etc
Paragon has a comprehensive correspondence system, integrating Microsoft Word and our own MobileReminders SMS texting product
• Easy mail merging with our built in letter editor, Microsoft Word and SMS texts. Just use our range of tokens in your draft letter, these are replaced by real patient details such as name, address or next appointment details at the time of sending
• Recall and appointment reminder letters are managed very simply; even easier are the automatic SMS versions. You no longer need to remember to send recalls or reminders, Paragon will do this for you. The benefits of SMS recalls / reminders are the vastly reduced costs involved along with the punctual nature of text messaging
• Automatically retains copies of all letters and SMS texts for future reference
It is all well and good storing data on a computer system but if you can?t easily analyse that data to produce useful information, then the system is little better than using filing cabinets or boxes to store your records.
As a result we have spent many hours developing an extensive range of built in reports, covering topics such as patient, treatment and financial analysis, plus much more, this list is constantly growing.
However, if the built in reports do not provide what you need then there is a powerful report designer built into Paragon. You can use this yourself or ask us for assistance with a bespoke report design, the possibilities are boundless.
There are many digital imaging systems on the market, providing both full colour imaging and digital x-rays, Paragon has links to all of the popular systems and when required or requested, we will always develop a link to any new system. Digital imaging is integrated into all key points of the system, you don't need to change screens to access a patient's images.
Document Scanning and Storage
Paragon also has a built in document scanning and storage facility, this allows digital storage of paperwork, film x-rays, photgraphs, in fact anything that can be scanned.
In addition to the product features detailed in the other sections there are many more, below are just a sample of those available:
• Patient self check-in module
• Directly from within Paragon you can:
• Set event reminders for yourself or others
• Send messages to one or more people
• Receive automatic notification of issues that require your attention
• Purchase SMS credits
• Request new or revised features, then track the development
• View our general development schedule
• Receive automatic Paragon updates
• Receive information from Dentsys
• Receive support via some of the best support tools on the market.
© Copyright 1991-2017 - Dentsys Ltd.